Australia cricketing legend Adam Gilchrist will soon be returning to the Caribbean this year after being announced as the second international franchise player for †the July 29 to August 26 Caribbean Premier League.
Gilchrist, arguably the greatest wicketkeeper-batsman in the history of the game, smashed 149 from only 104 balls in the final of the ICC Cricket World Cup in Barbados in 2007.
“I’m very excited to be on board with CPL, and am looking forward to coming back and playing cricket in one of the most beautiful places on the planet,” Gilchrist said today.
More international players will be announced in the coming weeks, according to CPL organisers, as plans kick into high gear in preparation for the biggest sporting event in the Caribbean.†
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App