KINGSTON — Two men who were in the process of breaking through the roof of a cambio in Falmouth, Trelawny during the wee hours Friday morning sustained serious injuries when a police patrol team caught them in the act.
One of the would-be robbers was reportedly shot and injured when he allegedly attacked the police with a crowbar, while his crony sustained injuries after he fell from the roof of the building in a bid to escape.
Reports are that about 3:30 am the quick response of a police team resulted in the cornering of the two men on top of the building, which houses several commercial entities including a commercial bank.
The men have been admitted to hospital under police guard.
An INDECOM team has commenced investigations into the incident. (Jamaica Observer)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App