Barbadian National Football League player Ramon Harewood will be home on April 6 and 7 along with six of his Baltimore Ravens teammates to undertake a sports camp with local children.
The members of the Super Bowl-winning Ravens will lend their skill and expertise in the sport to carry out clinics with around 200 children.
The children, who will be between the ages of 11 and 18, will be chosen from various secondary schools and colleges across the island for the two-day camp at the Kensington Oval.
Accompanying Harewood to Barbados will be Michael Oher, Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Ladarius Webb and Bryant McKinnie.
Along with the sports camp, participating students will have the opportunity to attend a screening of Michael Oher’s biographical movie entitled The Blind Side. Moreover, Barbadians will also have the chance to meet and greet the visiting Ravens players at a public signing which will be announced shortly.
This sports camp has materialised out of the Barbados Tourism Authority’s efforts to leverage the celebrity of trailblazing Barbadians, who are doing the island proud through their international achievements.††
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App