LOS ANGELES — Authorities say a nine-year-old girl walked about a mile to find help after surviving a car crash that killed her father in Southern California.
California Highway Patrol Officer Cheyenne Quesada says the crash happened just after 2:30 a.m. yesterday on a semi-rural stretch of the Sierra Highway in Acton.
KCAL-TV reported the girl walked through rugged terrain and eventually wandered into a commuter rail station and told a security guard she had been involved in an auto accident.
Quesada says responding officers found that a man in his 30s had been killed. His name was not released but officials say he was from Los Angeles.
A helicopter transported the girl to Children’s Hospital in LA. There was no word whether she had been injured.
KCAL reported the CHP is investigating whether alcohol played a role in the crash. (AP)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App