A 25-year-old Jamaican who swallowed 80 packages of marijuana and brought them to Barbados in his stomach, was today sentenced to prison at Dodds, in St. Philip.
When Leon Lincoln Smart appeared at the District “B” Magistrate’s Court, he pleaded guilty on all four charges – possession of two pounds of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
Smart was given two years on each of those counts, with the exception of possession, for which he was convicted, reprimanded and discharged.
The Jamaica national arrived in at Grantley Adams International Airport from his homeland at about 7:25 p.m. on Sunday, March 17, and after clearing immigration and being questioned by the Police Drug Squad, was referred to a medical facility, where he passed out the drugs. (EJ)†
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App