If it slipped your mind or just couldn’t make it, then you missed a relaxing, rejuvenating afternoon with the Girl Guides Association of Barbados at their Pre-Easter Luncheon last Sunday, March 24.
The Pax Hill grounds were transformed into an outdoor restaurant and patrons were welcomed and seated by members of the Girl Guides section of the Association who had been trained specially for the event.
With smiles on their faces, they proudly worked the floor, assisting and serving patrons wherever needed. Service with a smile seemed to be their motto of the afternoon as they sought to put all the training they had done previously under the direction of Deputy Chief Commissioner, Neilsa Gibbons-Armstrong.
The support of the breezy Sunday afternoon and the groovy sounds of the DJ music made for such an engaging atmosphere where members of the Girl Guides Association, family, friends and supporters sat down to a delicious meal and conversation.
The afternoon also featured youth filled entertainment, including modelling, music, singing and dance.
It was indeed a beautiful sight over the last two days watching the girls and young women in the association actively participating, preparing and executing an event that will contribute to their personal and skills development.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of the afternoon. Your support was very encouraging to the coordinators and the Girl Guides Association.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App