KINGSTON — A man was yesterday shot dead and three other people, including a nine-year-old boy, were injured during a daring daylight attack by gunmen on Waltham Park Road in Kingston.
The dead man has been identified as Vivian Grant, 29, and is said to be from the parish of Westmoreland.
Grant, according to the police, was walking along Waltham Park Road about 8:30 a.m. when he was chased by two armed men who shot him after he sought refuge in a hardware store.
Police said the gunmen then opened fire wildly, injuring the nine year-old boy, another boy, 17, and a 51-year-old man. All three were admitted to hospital in serious condition.
Eyewitnesses said other bystanders ran for cover as the gunshots rang out in the busy city street.
The St. Andrew South police have opened an investigation into the shooting but it was still not clear up to last night what was the reason for the attack against Grant. (Observer)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App