1 lb flying fish fillet
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 large lime, juice of
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
1 small onion (minced)
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup corn flakes, crumbs
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg (lightly beaten)
oil, for pan frying
2 limes, quartered (to garnish)
Place fish fillets in a shallow plate or dish, season with 1 tsp salt and lime juice and set aside for 15 minutes.
Drain and pat fish dry on paper towels. In a small mixing bowl mix garlic, chives, onion, marjoram and hot pepper sauce together. Rub mixture on fillets.
Mix flour, cayenne pepper, Ω tsp salt and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Dip the fillets in flour, then egg, then cornflakes crumbs.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet and cook fillets for three minutes on each side. Keep fried fillets warm while cooking the remaining fillets.
Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App