The Accident & Emergency Department of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital will be temporarily relocated to the hospital’s Antenatal Clinic from tomorrow until Monday to accommodate repairs to the A&E.
Access to the temporary A&E will be through the glass doors on the ground floor of the Lions Eye Care Centre. These doors are located to the right of the hospital’s main entrance and can be accessed via the main entrance roadway. The Antenatal Clinic is located directly on entry of the glass doors.
Director of Engineering Services at the QEH, Paula Agbowu, said the relocation process would started this evening.
“These repairs are necessary to maintain and improve the facility. In reviewing whether the repair works should be executed without disruption, management felt that the relocation was in the interest of patient safety. Please be assured, that the change in location will not affect the level of care administered in A&E,” she said.
The department will reopen in its regular location on Monday evening.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App