SCARBOROUGH — Tobago Police are continuing investigations into a shooting early yesterday morning.
The victim has been identified as 40-year-old Nickey Harridial, of Rise Land Trace, Carnbee.
According to police reports, the incident occurred around 6 a.m., while Harridial was carrying out his duties as a garbage collector in the Mt Pleasant area, near the Mt Pleasant Recreational Park where Easter activities are held annually.
Reports are that Harridial was approached by a man who attempted to rob him and when he resisted, he was shot in the arm. He was taken to Scarborough General Hospital where he was treated and discharged.
A suspect has been detained and is assisting police with their inquiries. This is the second shooting incident occurring in Tobago in 72 hours.
Shelly Anne Worwood was shot in the leg on Good Friday while liming with friends at the Moon Over Water Bar.
No one has been detained in connection with that shooting. (Guardian)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App