Jaleni Matthews and Nekada Williams are the King and Queen of the Highway 2 Fashion.
They took charge of the fashion runway when The Lodge School Model Search came off at the Major Noott Hall at Combermere School recently.
The event, which was coordinated by three Upper 6 Form students, Emilomo Akpevwiehor, Shanice Gittens and Jakim Gill, saw the contestants go through various challenges and “heart wrenching sometimes tearful eliminations” until the 13 of them were chosen for the final showdown.
At the end of the night, Ruel Phillips and Jaelayn McCollin were the first runners up and Emmanuel Tyson, and Iesha Gibbson were the second runners up.
Phillips also received the People’s Choice award, while McCollin was the Most Improved Female and Tyson the Most Improved Male. Shantee Steffin, was the pick of the people and she received the People’s Choice Female, Allan Burrowes was the Most Photogenic Male and Amanah Clarke, the Most Photogenic Female.
The Sixth form Graduating Class of 2013 hosted the event as a means of raising funds. They also thanked their sponsors and everyone who assisted them in staging the event. (DS)
Photos by Sean Coppin from Rkade Media.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App