This recipe serves 12 so great for a family meal or party.
1 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
6 tablespoons lemon juice
3 medium zucchini, each cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
3 medium yellow squash or pumpkin, each cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
2 red bell peppers
1 large sweet onion cut into quarters, each held together with a skewer
2 eggplants, each cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
3 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
1. In a bowl, combine oil, salt, garlic, oregano, rosemary, thyme, parsley, pepper, lemon zest and juice. Put zucchini, squash, bell peppers and onion in a large ziplock bag and pour in half of marinade. Seal bag and shake to coat vegetables. Let stand for 3 hours at room temperature. Put eggplant and mushrooms in a separate ziplock bag, add remaining marinade, seal and shake to coat vegetables. Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Preheat grill to medium. When heated, oil grates. Place onions, bell peppers and eggplant on grill and cook for 10 minutes. Add zucchini, squash and mushrooms to grill and cook all vegetables about 15 minutes longer, turning halfway through.
3. Cut vegetables into smaller sizes for serving, if desired. Arrange on a platter and serve warm, or cover and chill to serve cold.
(Recipe taken from Super Centre’s Facebook page)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App