Football fans have a chance to see a host of Premier League legends in action this June when the Barbados British Airways Football Legends Invitational Tournament returns.
Between June 7 and 8, eight teams representing Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton, Chelsea, Tottenham, the PFA All-stars and the Caribbean All-stars will take part in a six-a-side tournament at the Kensington Oval.
Among the former Premier League players in action will be the United forward duo of Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole, Chelsea legends Di Matteo, Wise, Poyet and Zola, and Gaizka Mendieta for the PFA all-star team.
“It’s great to see local Bajans, British fans and holidaymakers gather to see the beautiful game played out on our stunning island,” said the Barbados Tourism Authority’s UK vice-president, Petra Roach.
“Many of the players and fans will be returning for their second or third tournament, showing what a fantastic time everyone has at the event.”
- VENEZUELA - Soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- Mobile App