The 20th biennial conference of the Caribbean Association of Home Economists Inc. will be held from April 8 to 10 at the Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic, Wildey, St. Michael.
The conference, which is in celebration of CAHE’s 41st anniversary, will be held under the theme Home Economics Empowerment: Education for Sustainable Lifestyles.
Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, Senator Harry Husbands, will deliver the feature address at the official opening this Sunday at the Roy Marshall Teaching Complex, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, beginning at 4:30 p.m.
In addition to a number of issues which will be under the microscope, there will be a press conference on April 10 at the SJPP to discuss the rationale behind the hosting of the 20th biennial conference of CAHE.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App