The Barbados Chamber of Commerce and Industry has appointed Tracey Shuffler as its new senior vice president.
Shuffler, Deputy Divisional General Manager in the Import Distribution and Marketing Division at Goddard Enterprises Limited, replaces David Neilands, who served as the BCCI senior vice president from May 2012.
The BCCI said in a statement yesterday it looked forward to Shuffler’s continued commitment to strengthening the its position as the leading channel for economic growth in the commercial and business industries in Barbados.
Shuffler was born and raised in Montreal Canada by Barbadian parents and moved to Barbados after completing her education at McGill University, where she earned a Bachelor of Commerce (1989) with a double major in Marketing and Organisational Behaviour and later an MBA from Concordia University.
Her career with Goddard Enterprises has spanned 15 years, during which she has worked in sales and marketing and then moved on to general management with a number of its companies, including Purity Bakeries, Goddards Shipping and Tours and the West Indies Rum Distillery, before her current appointment in 2009.
Shuffler currently serves on a number of boards within the Goddard Group and keeps busy supporting and sharing in the development of the strategic direction of some of GEL’s companies in Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts and Antigua. She continues to have a keen interest in brand building within the region.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App