David Howard sang his way into the hearts of the judges on Saturday night to win the annual BCC’s Got Talent competition.
Singing Wildflower by Skylar and Now Over You, he beat Antonio Springer who sang John Legend’s This Time and People Need the Lord into second place and Tyra Trotman into third. Trotman performed Stay by Rihanna and Fever.
Howard won a staycation, Springer a Nuqleuo Tablet and Trotman a hamper.
The other contestants were Gabriella Rock, Jason Moore, Devere Savoury, Sean Carter, Shardinay Worrell, Danielle Lloyd, Maiella Best and Hadiya Squires.
Apart from Carter who rapped and Lloyd who did a dramatic piece, all the other contestants sang. They each received a certificate of participation while the top three received trophies.
Although there was a “reasonable turn out”, the show of support from those who attended the show at the Plantation Garden Theatre was energetic.
President of the Students’ Guild, Ketisha Joseph, told Barbados TODAY there was a committee of which she was a part.
She thanked Adrienna Parris, Khadija Soudatt, Roshanna Trim, Alana Weekes, Dankia Arther, Shae Archer, Kadeem Eleacock, Asha Pitt and Kyrstal Cook for their assistance as well as the sponsors and other people outside of the Barbados Community College.
In addition to the talent show there was also the BCC Model Search which Ariel Byer-Maloney won from a field of six.
The official prize giving ceremony will be held on Friday. (DS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App