The Barbados Darts Association held its 35th Annual General Meeting at the National Sports Council last week where the first female president, Lisa Greene, was chosen to run the organisation for the next two years.Greene started playing darts in 2007 participating in the IDC Games for The Crane Resort. She then joined the Ravens Darts Academy and continued playing with this club, being called to Barbados trials twice and most recently represented Barbados in Trinidad and Tobago last November.
The BDA’s new executive is as follows: Lisa Greene (president, Norlink Eden Flighters); Kevin Ellis (vice-president, Reddy Kilowatt Sparks); Jennifer Smith (general secretary, Reddy Kilowatt Sparks); Andre Payne (treasurer, Ravens Darts Academy); Andrea Warner-Douglas (recording secretary, Lime Flighters); Michael Atherley (floor member, Police).
The 2013 season is scheduled to start on June 2 with a church service and league matches commence on June 4.††
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App