There were plenty of “oohs” and “ahhs” at Eden Lodge Nursery school on Saturday evening when the annual bonnet and hat parade was staged.
Parents, grandparents, other relatives and friends whipped out their cameras and cheered as several young students paraded across the stage to show off the colour and creativity of their head wear which depicted six categories.
The St. Michael school’s Teacher Coordinator, Shelley Leacock, identified the categories as: Proud Pelicans, Marvellous Masqueraders, Sweet Sugar Canes, Flamboyant Flying Fish, Darling Dumplings and Creative Calypsonians.
She explained that the central theme was I Am Bajan, and the groups’ names were all part of that.
While there were no individual prizes, all the students who participated will receive certificates of appreciation during the graduation ceremony at the end of the school year.
Leacock noted that everyone had a good time. (DS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App