Esso Kirton’s Shocking Surprisers will take on Rivals in the final of the Pure Beach Resort/Crane Resort/Sunrise Community Club Twenty20 Tapeball competition on April 14 at Rices, St. Philip.
In yesterday’s first semi-final Shocking Surprisers defeated Age Is Just A Number by 19 runs. Batting first Surprisers made 108 for 7 in their 20 overs with Damien Payne (26) Randy Thomas (19) and Vonrick Nurse (13) being the main run-scorers. Jofra Archer captured 3 for 16.
In response, Age Is Just A Number were bowled out for 89 in 19.4 overs. Zacharry McCaskie top-scored with 35, Adrian Jones made 22 and Archer completed a good all-round showing with 16. Stephen Larrier captured 3 for 7, Andre Fields had 3 for 23 and all-rounder Derick Bishop 2 for 19. Larrier was named man-of-the-match.
In the other semi-final Rivals beat Crane by 8 wickets.
Batting first, Crane were restricted to 89 for 8 in their 20 overs with burly Kelvin Patterson making 21 and Frederick Barrow 13. Damien Farley captured 2 for 23 and Dane Doughty had 2 for 26. Rivals made light work of the total reaching the target in the 19th over with Drew Glasgow making an unbeaten 34 and Aaron Jones chipping in with 16 not out. Kemar Brathwaite also made 16. Glasgow was man-of-the-match.
The final on Sunday starts at 7 p.m.†
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App