Arriel Byer-Maloney is the face of the Barbados Community College.
She won this year’s model search on Saturday night from a field of five females Cherise Tabois; Claudia Grant, Toni Brathwaite; and Shawnice Hinds to win the search.
There was one male contestant, Jamal Weekes.
The students competed in three categories: Black and White, Different eras, and Music Genres. They were sponsored by Krystal Cobham of Kadburry Designs.
REI Modelling Academy was also a major sponsor of the show.
President of the Students’ Guild Ketisha Joseph told Barbados TODAY that the model search was for them to find the face of the institution. That person she noted would be used when they have events and in advertising campaigns.
Patrons got a double treat as the show, which was held at the Plantation Garden Theatre, was done along with BCC’s Got Talent which was won by David Howard.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App