Rugby is not for the squeamish.And the tough, muscular action on Sunday was testimony to this as the Barbados rugby team humbled Curacao 41-3 in a bruising affair watched by one of the biggest ever crowds seen at a rugby encounter at the Garrison Savannah.
The Barbados team played brilliant rugby with Man-of-the-Match Christian Preece turning in a top all-round performance.
But it was not a one-man show as the likes of Sean Ward, Stephen Millar, Phil Lucas and Rondel Cumberbatch tormented Curacao from start to finish.
The victory meant that Barbados progressed into round 3 of the North American Caribbean Rugby Association’s Caribbean Championships.
Barbados next take the field in May against their nemesis Trinidad and Tobago.Barbados TODAY brings a pictorial recap of Sunday’s hectic action.††
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App