The vibrancy of life in the Caribbean has been captured masterfully in Vanita Comissiong’s work.
The artist has used her images of her paintings and created “a very exciting range of colourful textiles products, accessories and souvenirs,” with her VERY VANITA line. Her paintings, which depict every day life, have been featured in international shows and magazines.
Comissiong, who has been painting since the 1980s, is the curator of On The Wall Galleries located at Earthworks Pottery and Champers.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App