Amateur Boxing fans are in for a treat when the Barbados Boxing Association stages its second boxing card for the year, in the form of a Road Show which will take place at the Desmond Haynes facility in Holders Hill, St. James this Saturday.
This will be a strictly local event which will involve juniors, along with youth and novice boxers. The card is part of the association’s promotional programme which is designed to take the sport of boxing into the respective communities, hence the title “Road Show”.
It is being held in conjunction with a group from the Haynesville, Holders Hill and Durant’s Village areas as part of the preparation for the formation of a community club to be named the Durant’s Village Entertainment Club. This Club, when formally launched, will have boxing as one of the main activities on its programme.
There will be ten exciting bouts on Saturday’s card. The boxers will be drawn from the Barbados Youth Service, Belfield Gym, the Briar Hall Gym, Carrington Village Gym, the Four Hill Gym in St. Peter, the National Gym, and Shaka’s School of Boxing.
The weigh-in and medicals will take place at the Desmond Haynes Pavilion in Holders Hill on Saturday at 5 p.m. and boxing will start at 7.15 p.m.The card is a community event and all are invited. There is no entrance fee but donations will be accepted.††
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App