Former Senator, Rudy Grant, is expected to be the new Chief Executive Officer of the Barbados Labour Party.
Barbados TODAY has been reliably informed that Grant’s appointment was expected to be ratified by the party’s Executive Council when it met tonight at party headquarters.
Grant unsuccessfully contested the Christ Church East Central constituency in the 2003 general election on a BLP ticket and failed again to gain the favour of the constituents in the St. Michael Central constituency in 2008.
Following the 2003 general election, he was appointed parliamentary secretary in the Ministry of Tourism.
Grant replaces former CEO of the party, David Joey Harper, who was made redundant in 2009 when the party was restructuring its administrative arm.†When contacted, Grant declined to comment on reports of his imminent appointment to the post. (NC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App