A Lucas Street, St. Philip family is tonight counting its losses following a fire in the neighbourhood today.
Fire officers reported receiving a call around 2:30 p.m. stating that a home was on fire and two fire tenders, one from Worthing, Christ Church and the other from Four Roads, St. John, responded under the leadership of Division Officer Errol Gaskin.
The home, owned by retiree Richard McClean, 62, and occupied as well by two other relatives, Dave and Andrew McClean, was destroyed, and officers said the family was unable to save any of their belongings.
Investigations into the cause are continuing. (LB)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App