1 cup pecans, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 2 (10-oz.) packages frozen whole okra, thawed, Peanut oil.
1. Place pecans in an even layer in a shallow pan.
2. Bake at 350∞ for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
3. Process pecans, baking mix, and next two ingredients in a food processor until pecans are finely ground. Place pecan mixture in a large bowl. Add okra, tossing to coat. Gently press pecan mixture into okra.
4. Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet; heat to 350∞. Fry okra, in batches, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App