PORT-AU-PRINCE — Two radio stations in Haiti are reporting that a second minister in as many days has resigned from her post.
Privately owned Radio Tele-Kiskeya and Radio Tele-Metropole say that Minister of Communications Regine Godefroy has stepped down. The media outlets cited unnamed sources and didn’t say why she left.
There was no immediate response from the government.
Godefroy’s departure comes just one day after Haiti’s Minister of Finance, Marie Carmelle Jean-Marie, resigned. Jean-Marie didn’t speak to the press but several radio stations reported that she left because she didn’t receive support from her colleagues as she tried to reform her office.
Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe acknowledged that Jean Marie resigned but declined to answer questions from The Associated Press. (AP)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App