MIAMI — Police arrested a 22-year-old man on drug charges yesterday after nine Miami high school students were hospitalised after eating what officials described as brownies containing an unidentified substance.
Authorities charged Dionisio Lockridge with possession of marijuana and cocaine and found brownies similar to the ones eaten by the students during a search in his house, officials said.
Paramedics were called to the Miami Coral Park Senior High School yesterday shortly after classes started when several students complained of feeling ill.
The students were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure, said John Schuster, a spokesman for the Miami-Dade County public school system.
Police are conducting tests to identify the substance in the brownies that sickened the students, Schuster said. (Reuters)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App