Kevin Hart is not in a laughing kind of mood. The comedian and actor, 32, was arrested for drunk driving in Los Angeles early Sunday, April 14. According to CNN, traffic police stopped the Think Like a Man star after he was speeding down the freeway at 90 mph in his black Mercedes – weaving between lanes and nearly running into a gas tanker truck.
Pulled over by an off ramp, “Mr. Hart had objective signs of intoxication and was unable to perform the field sobriety tests,” California Highway Patrol said in a statement. He was booked in a local jail and released on $5,000 bail.
Hart was later frank, via Twitter, about the incident – even joking about it. “When the cop asked me to take the sobriety test I said ‘WHY WASTE OUR TIME … I’M DRUNK MAN.'” He later clarified: “This is a wake up call for me, I have to be smarter & last night I wasn’t … everything happens for a reason.”
The Five-Year Engagement star has joked about his father’s alleged drug addiction during a stand-up routine in his 2011 film Laugh at My Pain. “Drinking & driving is not a game or a laughing matter,” he tweeted Sunday. “People have lost lives because of stupid … this!.” (Us Weekly)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App