HYDERABAD – Sunrisers Hyderabad, who have got off to a good start in the Indian Premier League 6, received a further boost today with West Indies captain Darren Sammy joining their ranks.
Sammy tweeted that he met his IPL teammates and that he would be practising later in the day.
“Got to meet my @SunRisers teammates today. Heading to practice later.. #PepsiIPL exciting times,” he wrote on the micro-blogging site.
Hyderabad are currently fourth in the points table with three wins from five matches. Sammy’s entry could prove to be a dual advantage as the all-rounder is capable of hitting the ball far and strike crucial blows with the ball. He also has the distinction of having led West Indies to T20 World Cup glory last year.
The team, led by Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara, will take on Pune Warriors at the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium tomorrow.
How Sammy will fit into the playing XI though remains to be seen as the skipper, Cameron White, Thissara Perera and Dale Steyn have delivered decent performances so far. Only four non-Indians can be selected in an IPL team’s line-up at one time.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App