Esso Kirton’s Shocking Surprisers are champions of the Pure Beach Resort/Crane Resort/Sunrise Community Club Tapeball Competition.
In Sunday’s final against Rivals which was played at Rices, St. Philip, Surprisers batted first and were restricted to 97 for 9 in their 20 overs. Barbados off-spinner Ashley Nurse top-scored with 25 while Stephen Larrier chipped in with an unbeaten 24. Micah Howard and Dayne Doughty took 2 for 8 and 2 for 26 respectively.Surprisers then played excellent cricket to defend their small total dismissing Rivals for 63 in 18.1 overs. Jaffari Toppin with 21 was the main batsman to show any fight in the chase.
Once again Nurse showed the value of his experience as he bowled with guile to take 2 for 6. Team-mate Renaldo Brathwaite chipped in with figures of 2 for 8 as Surprisers took a 34-run victory.
Nurse was adjudged Man-of-the-Match. † Summarised scores:Esso Kirton’s Shocking Surprisers 97 for 9 in 20 overs: Ashley Nurse 25, Stephen Larrier 24 not out; Micah Howard 2-8, Dayne Doughty 2-26. Rivals 63 in 18.1 overs: Jaffari Toppin21, Aaron Jones 11, Ashley Nurse 2-6, Renaldo Brathwaite 2-8.
Esso Kirton’s Shocking Surprisers† won by 34 runs.Man-of-the-Match: Ashley Nurse.††
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App