The Ministry of Transport and Works has again warned Barbadians against riding on the new footbridge over the ABC Highway at The Pine.
In a statement issued today, the ministry said that since the official opening of the footbridge on February 8 this year it had issued a series of public service announcements warning cyclists against riding on the bridge.
“Some cyclists, as indicated, persist in ignoring the warning signs which have been installed,” said Avonda Scott from the ministry’s Information Unit.
“The ministry again cautions cyclists against riding on the footbridge for their own safety and the safety of pedestrians for whom the facility has been placed.”
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App