Windward Islands, chasing 243 for victory, were 87 for two off 15 overs in the second semi-final of the WICB Super50 championship against Jamaica at Kensington Oval tonight when Barbados TODAY went live.
The not out batsmen were Tyrone Theophile on 23 and Andre Fletcher, nought.
West Indies opening batsman Johnson Charles, essaying a drive, was bowled off the inside edge by medium-pacer David Bernard for one and his opening partner, left-hander Devon Smith, cutting, was caught at the wicket by Carlton Baugh Jr. off leg-spinner Odean Brown for a scintillating 44-ball 59 that included 10 boundaries.
Earlier Jamaica scored 242 for eight off 50 overs after winning the toss. Opener Brenton Parchment top-scored with 86 off 101 balls, hitting ten fours. Nkrumah Bonner made 74 off 110 deliveries with eight fours. Parchment and Bonner added 166 in 34.4 overs for the second wicket.
Parchment reached his half-century off 62 balls with five fours, while Bonner’s took 86 balls and contained four boundaries.
Bernard beefed up the innings towards the end with an unbeaten 32 off 29 balls, containing three fours and one six.
Left-arm pacer Kenroy Peters was the leading wicket-taker with three for 60 off nine overs. Off-spinner and captain Liam Sebastien picked up two for 43 and left-arm fast bowler Delorn Johnson, two for 48 – both off ten overs. (BCA/WG)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App