ROSEAU — The coach of the Dominica national football team, Kurt Hector, and player Nornan Jno Hope were killed this morning, after the vehicle in which they were travelling plunged down a 100 foot sink hole at Pond Case, south east of the capital.
The Dominica Football Association said a third player, Joslin Prince, was undergoing surgery at the Princess Margaret Hospital.
The players were on their way to the Melville Hall Airport, to join with other members of the national team that was due to travel to St. Vincent and the Grenadines to participate in the revived Windward Islands Football championship over the weekend.
The DFA public relations officer, Gerald George, speaking on the state-owned DBS radio, said that the accident occurred during the early hours of today and that the national team would no longer participate in the competition.
Recent Local News
- SBA ready to play key role in Barbados’ recovery
- Nishal's plight a wake-up call to parents
- Central Bank opens debt exchange forum on Monday
- Weather Update: Tropical Depression #11 and Tropical Storm Kirk
- Statement from the DLP on the passing of Evelyn Greaves
- Evelyn Greaves an example of dedication and commitment - PM Mottley
- Mobile App