Jack Warner has quit. The controversial Caribbean figure tendered his resignation to Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar today on the heels of a damning report on his involvement with The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football.
An official statement released by the Trinidad PM’s office read:
“I have today accepted the offer of resignation of the Minister of National Security, Mr. Jack Warner from the Cabinet of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
I wish to thank Mr. Warner for his service to the government and people of Trinidad and Tobago.
I have advised His Excellency President Anthony Carmona to revoke the appointment of Mr. Warner and to appoint Senator, the Honourable Mr. Emmanuel George as Minister of National Security.
I have also advised His Excellency President Anthony Carmona to assign the portfolio of Works and Infrastructure to the Honourable Dr. Suruj Rambachan in addition to his existing portfolio.”
Hon. Kamla Persad-Bissessar, SC, MP
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App