The Wonders of Egypt will be displayed along the Grand Kadooment route this year.
Six hundred revellers in stunning costumes depicting the Sahara Desert, River Nile, Cleopatra & Antony and Egyptian Gods and Goddess will be jumping with Fantasy Barbados Band this year.
There are also individual costumes.
Band Leader Amanda Reifer said at the launch last night at the Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination, that they have raised the bar and set the trend.
Principal of the Cave Hill Campus of the UWI, Professor Sir Hilary Beckles, attended the event during which lecturer Cultural Studies, Dr. Marcia Burrowes gave the history of the festival.
She said that given the band is a salute to Egypt, she is hoping there would be a “few examples” of the traditional masquerade when the band is on the road.
The band house is located at the Veranda, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, St. Michael. (DS)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App