Police were today on the hunt for two masked men — one armed with a gun — who robbed four visitors at their guest houses at Tent Bay, St. Joseph.
Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch, said the first aggravated robbery took place at around 9 o’clock last night, when a Canadian couple was held up and relieved of an undisclosed sum of money, but was unhurt.
Welch said that almost immediately afterwards, the same two men went to the guest house nearby and robbed an American couple of money, cellphones, a watch, computer tablet and then stole their hired car to escape.
No one, he added, was hurt in that incident either. (EJ)†
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App