In celebration of their 75th anniversary, the Barbados Labour Party will be hosting a year of activities.
Chairman of the anniversary committee, Rudy Grant, revealed this this morning at a press briefing held at the BLP headquarters in Roebuck Street the City.
The celebrations begin with a church service this Sunday, April 28, the birthday of the party’s founding father, national hero and former premier of Barbados, Sir Grantley Adams. It will be held at White Park Wesleyan Holiness Church in White Park in St. Michael.
The theme for the year’s celebration will be Saluting our Founders, Taking Barbados Forward. Activities throughout the year include a pictorial display at the party’s headquarters, showcasing the history of the party, displaying pieces of furniture, including a chair owned by Sir Grantley, minutes from earlier meetings, a debating competition, a family fun day and lectures centred on BLP government leaders.
The public has been invited to attend the celebrations†to learn more on the contribution of the party to the development of the nation. (KC)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App