Fire flattened an unoccupied wooden house at Browne’s Gap, Jackson, St. Michael this morning, and destroyed everything in it.
The house belongs to Tracia Daniel, an inmate at HMP Dodds. Her 18-year-old daughter, Shanice, Sub-officer Charles Holligan told Barbados TODAY, used to live there but found alternative accommodation after the locks were changed.
Four officers from the Arch Hall, St. Thomas station, under the command of Station Officer Meryn Mayers responded to the blaze.
Investigations into how the fire started are continuing. (DS)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App