ST. JOHN’S — A high-speed chase, which ensued after two men robbed the MidWay Service Station in Clarke’s Hill yesterday morning, ended with police capturing the suspects.
The duo, whose names police did not reveal, were reportedly found wearing hooded t-shirts as well as gloves.
Investigators, in a statement through the force’s communications department, said they recovered a number of undisclosed items from the getaway rental car.
According to police spokesman Senior Sergeant William Holder, the car was found abandoned in the Swetes area around 1 p.m. yesterday. While, the suspects were reportedly caught nearby, shortly afterwards.
Frightened employees who were in the yard at the service station, recounted the men calmly walked up the stairs to the administrative office and robbed workers of an undisclosed sum of money and other items. (Antigua Observer)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App