BULAWAYO – Bangladesh hammered Zimbabwe by 121 runs in the first One-Day international at Queens Sports Club today.
Middle-order batsman Nasir Hossain made 68 to help the tourists post 269 for 8 in Bulawayo, with the home side responding with just 148 all out.
Ziaur Rahman took an impressive 5 for 30 as Zimbabwe were skittled out in just 32.1 overs as they attempted to chase down the target.
Hossain’s 68 from 67 balls dug Bangladesh out of trouble at 94 for 4 and a lower-order contribution from Mohammad Mahmudullah (36) and a hefty 32 extras from Zimbabwe’s wayward bowlers helped them to a healthy total in the end.
Zimbabwe’s innings fell away rapidly almost immediately after captain Brendan Taylor (33) and Hamilton Masakadza (38) were dismissed. They never came close to threatening Bangladesh’s score.
Rahman took five wickets in nine outstanding overs to put Bangladesh ahead in the ODI contest. (SKY)††
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App