In response to your story Foundation angered by gruesome killing, I wish to state that my sister was murdered in the same manner in Barbados, after being stalked for weeks by her ex-partner. Visits and statements to the police still left her in an unprotected state.
There is no “protocol” or urge to protect the lives of women at risk — you run and hide as best you can, seems to be the only choice. Its heartbreaking that our lives seem to be not worth the effort to detain and question the ones who terrorise our women.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App