Revellers should prepare for a War of the Damned, that might be fought in the Gods of the Arena.
While sparring warriors try to exact Vengeance, there might be a Reign of Fire, lots of Blood & Sands as they fight to see who will be a Legend.
This will not be an episode of Spartacus but the epic drama will be played out in six sections of the band of the same name on the Grand Kadooment route come August.
It is first year the principals behind Zulu International will be bringing a band having played mas in a section – Zulu Warriors – of Fantasy Barbados’ last Crop-Over.
The band was launched on Friday night at PLAE in Balls, Christ Church and Rondelle Jones told Barbados TODAY that in addition to the showcase of the costumes, there were performances from Jafar, Scrilla, and Djs Kashi.
“We tested the waters last year and this year we came out on our own. There are six sections with 100 persons each. Lauren, Austin, wife of the director Ryan, designed four of six sections. The other two are designed and owned by the store Cloth in Trinidad, and Fireball Energy drink,” Jones said.
Zulu International is promising “a Crop-Over experience of a lifetime” and noted “we intend on making this all about the masquerader with premium drinks, tasty food, secured environment” with “top class Djs” combined to give revellers “the greatest street party”. (DS)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App