Two middle aged men have been arrested and charged with two recent deaths which have attracted much public attention and provoked widespread debate in Barbados.
In one of the cases, a 50 year old man from Christ Church appeared before District “A” Magistrate, Douglas Frederick, today, accused of the motor manslaughter of two year old Joshua Boyce of 4th Avenue, Skeete’s Road, the Ivy in St. Michael.
John Russell Sr, of Dolphin Park, St. Patricks, is charged in connection with the death of the child, who was allegedly struck by a car last Friday afternoon during a dispute between two members of a household in the Ivy.
The infant was pronounced dead after arrival at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Russell was remanded to Dodds Prison in St. Philip until June 3.
In the other case, 58 year old Allan Belle is facing a charge of murder in relation to the death of his wife, Brenda Belle, 64, of St. Barnabas, St. Michael.
Brenda Belle died following her brutal slashing last week in the same community. Her husband, who was remanded to custody until June 3, had earlier been admitted to the QEH after reportedly ingesting a poisonous substance. (EJ)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App