1 cup basmati rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large diced onion
1 large carrot, shredded
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
1 3/4 cups water
3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Step 1. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, until onion is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 2. Add garlic cloves and ginger; cook 2 minutes.
Step 3. Add basmati rice, stirring to coat. Add water and coarse salt; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook until rice is tender, 17 to 20 minutes (add a little more water if pan becomes dry).
(Recipe available on Super Centre’s Facebook page)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App