PORT OF SPAIN — A Debe mother of two appeared in court yesterday charged with attempting to export cocaine using an international courier company.
Seema Ramlochan, 31, appeared before San Fernando Magistrate Rae Roopchand for the offence of possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking.
It is alleged that on Wednesday, Ramlochan went to FedEx at St. James Street, San Fernando and attempted to export a text book containing 0.88 kilogrammes of cocaine.
Despite an appeal on medical grounds, the single mother was refused bail today when she reappeared in court. (Express)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App