Your story headlined NCF failure was a very interesting piece with a lot of truth. I was a bit put off by the title but it did get my attention. My hope is that Andrew Senior spoke to some of the practitioners himself so that his findings would be complete.
I can tell you for a fact the cultural officers work extremely hard. Far more goes on beyond Crop-Over all year round. As an artist, I’m seeing some innovative things happening of late. If the NCF weren’t so linked to governmental whims, things could be a bit different.
I also found it intriguing that my first read of this is in a publication that doesn’t pay contributors – part of the solution or problem? (Hope I’m wrong and this has changed by now!)
— Sandra Sealy
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App