Miss Teen Barbados Universal Pageant is here again.
Seven contestants will vie for the crown and an opportunity to represent Barbados at the Miss International Pageant in Panama this year when the 14th annual beauty show is held on Sunday at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, starting at 7 p.m.
The theme of the local event is A Symbol of Beauty.
The girls will be judged on how they introduce themselves, speech, talent, swim wear, evening gown and question and answer. Prizes will be given for punctuality, best talent, best performance in swim wear, best gown, most disciplined delegate, congeniality and best project for which they have to promote Barbados as a tourism destination.
The Miss Teen Barbados Universal is produced by Sparkles International, whose director Clarimonte Grazette has the franchise rights to send a winner to the Miss Inter-Continental Pageant in Panama this year.
Today we introduce you to the contestants: Roasheena John, Shenesa Bryan, Ashly Evelyn, Shontonia Hall,Shari Alleyne, Shardinay Worrell and Karyn Richards.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App