Fashion is an expression of people, its culture, its beliefs and the way of life.
Runway Blitz Barbados is Fashion.
Twenty-eight people answered the auditions on March 18, and today only 14 – six men and eight women – remain to see who will rock the runway.
One of the organisers, Wenmar Taylor told Bajan Vibes this was the second year for the show, and they contestants had to participate in a number of challenges including Express Yourself,
“Basically, the challenges are done in our photo shoots. We did three of them already and the last one will be on May 25. This one is entitled Droid and goes back with the theme of the show. The name Droid, came when I was thinking about the robot theme but I didn’t want to say robot or use transformers, so I found one related to that,” Taylor said.
The committee comprises Mark-Anthony Marshall, Kofi Branch, Andrew Harris Junior, James Clarke, and the photos are taken by Prez the Photographer.
“The Runway Blitz experience is geared towards youth in Barbados who aspire to have a career in fashion and want to learn the basics of how they should manoeuver in the fast paced industry. Being Barbados’ only active national model search, Runway Blitz prepares model hopefuls by training them in social graces, etiquette, posing and movement for photography, and catwalk behaviours,” said the Committee.
The finals are slated for the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre on June 16. (DS)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App