The young lions of the Barbados Rugby Team embark on their quest for Southern Caribbean Rugby Championship honours when they take on the might of Guyana in the second round of the NACRA Caribbean Championships this Saturday.After the convincing win against Curacao 41-3 in early April, the team have continued to train hard and were fortunate to have two competitive games in preparation against Ontario Provincial Team Balmy Beach RFC earlier this month.
The squad leaves Barbados tomorrow about mid-day and returns May19.†Forwards’ coach Romeo Mayers is under no illusions on how difficult a task the young lions face on Saturday with Guyana being southern Caribbean champions the previous two years.
However he said the players had worked extremely hard at training and had shown the intensity, physicality and skill to be quietly confident of getting a result this weekend.Barbados play their final Round 2 match against Trinidad & Tobago on May 25 at the Garrison Savannah at 4 p.m.Team: forwards: Dwight Forde, cpt, Jeren Clarke, Caston Howard, Antonio Gibbons, Christian Preece, Kevyn Murrell, Raj Edwards, Stephen Millar, Adon Rogers, Shaun English, Marcus Harewood, Irfan Khan. Backs – Nico Blunt, Stephen Atwell, Kevin Carter, Nicholas Jackman, Sean Ward, Kevin Cobham, Anthony Bynoe, Dario Stoute, Ramoun Downes.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App